Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Verification of past life or history by reincarnat (Read 20342 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Verification of past life or history by reinca
Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 5:40am

Matthew,

Your comments make a lot of sense. The possibility of souls inhabiting different times realms outside linear time makes the statistics fit into the belief. But hek!! That just exacerbates the problem and could result in some souls having to be reborn countless thousands of times, and even overlapping the same time frame, making possible for the same souls living side by side in the same time on earth as different aspects of itself. So one could encounter ones self in life many times without knowing it.

The time paradox might not like this as one could murder oneself or make possible that Ralph could live simultaneously 300 000 times, side by side with himself, in the same time frame. Say one identical lifetime period say 1970 until 2060, (even in the exact same place or town city) and not necessarily spread over 5000 years as you suggested. Of course, this does not invalidate your postulation.

The possibility of souls leaving the earth plane and incarnating somewhere else in the universe is a possibility I have long speculated about, but again this goes against the much held belief that we must learn and unlearn difficulties experienced on our planet earth on earth and not in some other strange planet or dimension.

I simply cannot accept the fragmentation of our souls or awareness’s as this would make the term “she/he does not know if she is Martha or Arthur” an awful realty but this brings to mind multiple personalities such as Sybil and the three faces of Eve.

So to this humble entity the jury is still out debating, the evidence remains circumstantial, and reincarnation is based on faith, not fact just like any other religious belief.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 10:55am

Ahah!
Not yet are we done,
Dear Alan!

What if I told you that I've found an autobiography of a 1800's person that matches a current person in at least 7, maybe 12 ways? The matches have to do with appearance, personality, attitudes, profession, skills, interests ?  What if every ailment and wound this current person now suffers relates directly to documented pain he's given to others in the previous life ?!
What if I said that this is not some wish fulfillment on my part, it is closer to horror, nothing I would ever want to happen?
And that the past person was only accidentally  discovered while I was researching the time and place revealed as of my former life. Reading the autobiography and seeing the photos was like meeting the current person but in strange costumes.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 9:24pm

Hi Bets,

I am all eyes, some details please!

aLAN

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 11:28pm

hey y'all, who cares?  Smiley  sometimes you just don't care anymore when you're having a good time, or getting done what you want to get done in this particular life.

It's a holographic universe though..my opinion, we're constantly spinning off images; why wouldn't the universe spin off people like the Earth peoples, the apple tree apples...whatever! I'm lucky I'm still alive!

Bets...keep going if you have some data..Justin thinks the same as I do. I'm not into merge into nothing type person, I'm for the individual, first and last and all accounts. and the constant becoming more of same.

but a few tidbits to add: my daughter (I have twins) saw the three of us walking in a vision, we had long dresses on, we danced in a ballroom type place, we strolled on grassy knolls, somewhat leisurely life I suppose. a happy life? don't know. thats what she saw and she's not into this stuff like me.

Oh I've told this before: my twins before they were born came to me as spirits, giggling spirits. I sensed we flew around at night together. the 3 of us are very close.

she also saw once me and her as boys in the holocaust camp.

when I asked spirit once why my mother rejected me in this life and acted like I shouldn't have been born, I was shown myself assassinating her when she was a bad ruler over the slaves in Greece.
then mother told me she knew she had been a ruler, she called herself a queen. I thought she was nuts until I had my own visions about the reason she ah, didn't like me. I had come back because I wanted to make it up to her and I did. case closed.

yes it was me. It wasn't a spook floating by. it was me and I can't get out of admitting it.

then theres dead preacher guy. early in life I knew a very good psychic, who was well known. she gave me some past life readings and turns out I was once a missionary baptizing natives. I assume a man.
In this life a group of spirits came to me telling me to follow JC. reminding me. biblical phrases stick in my mind like glue. I love preaching. will do it anytime someone lets me.
The funny thing is DP seems to be a spirit now who was around me when I wrote my book. Or, is he inside of me? in my disc? in a holographic universe maybe mind as holographic principle spins off our lives and each of us builds an individual personality/character until we complete our missions and elevate ourselves (as individuals, I insist!) into more harmonious circumstances in the universe which appears infinite...not something like we could measure infinite, so give it up! haha!

when I don't have nothing to say I come up with this gem: There are greater mysteries in the universe than are dreampt of in your philosophy.

do we really need to know EVERYTHING? not all at once. it would spoil the surprise.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:35pm

Hi,

Regretfully, I don't have permission from the person living now to post the specifics of who is/was who.
I don't really expect I'll get that permission.
Of course nothing is real until it's experienced, so I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. But perhaps my experience (referred to earlier) will open the possibility that we are 'eternally' involved in a mode we call reincarnation.
Until you have your own experiences, Alysia's point of view seems like a good intermediate stage to adapt.

Love, Bets  Smiley

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 4:14pm

Bets,

I believe you I really do,

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 5:00pm

There seem to be two kinds of "reincarnation" memory. One is of something that is totaly different from what one is experiencing in this life even though something in the memory "rings true>'

The other is of something where there are parallels between this one and the memory.

I don't know if the two types of experiences should be separated or lumped together. I think the parallel experiences are corny. why would I want to do this TWICE? Yipes!

But sometimes the parallels are really eerie. What do they mean?

So bets is talking about a parallel type experience.

Here is another one:

http://www.confederateyankee.net/

I did not find this book exciting reading. However, the experience this guy had, of remembering something from a distant past, in a particular situation, and that led to his discovering all the parallels, is quite interesting. Alan can you get hold of a copy where you are?

another review:
http://www.psychicsahar.com/artman/publish/article_258.shtml

interview
http://spiritkeep.net/ghosts/interviews/jkeene_sey.html

I don't know what kind of proof you are looking for, but I wish someone would spell out the rules they want to use. I wrote on another topic : Ulcers, about the way we accept what physicians tell us without proof, because it is dogma (ulcers are not caused by just stress in spite of what docs used to claim). We don't ask for proof every time we go to the doc; why do you ask for such a high level of proof here?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 9:34pm

Thanks Alan, Alysia, Justin,

I know the correlations are there, but I have doubts too. Fortunately on some recent retrievals or visits rather, information the same as I got  gets verified by others and that builds my courage.  I think being sure is a matter of learning what questions to ask.

I agree Lucy, that too many correlations between lives seems odd--why  would someone want to do it all again? In the situation I referred to, this person certainly is not doing it all again, and wounds are sufferred differently than the earlier victims experienced, not lethally but with long term pain.
Maybe we all get some similarities for the sake of stability. And then there's Disk family support that hopefully is continuous.

It's all exploring, right, no guaranteed outcomes?  But the more we can deal with and still retain our connections with PUL, the further up the ladder we'll be.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 11:14pm

I think the whole point of similarities, like deja vous awareness, the feelings of knowing someone when u first meet them, carrying scars or similar wounds from one life to the next is to get to the point of recognizing our propensity to change our destiny upon receiving the memory sufficiently.

The gaining of this type of awareness is worth whatever repitition we are observing as it causes new decisions to mull over. Making new goals to change what is re-occurring.

It would be analogous to what is human behavior in establishing a habit and wanting to change the habit by doing something different, because if you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got. A state of awareness/beingness where all things become "new" is what we all secretly desire. In Christianity it is called being reborn in the spirit. all things old pass away. life takes on a sparkle.
reincarnation can become moot in the light of what the Christians are trying to say on this point of being reborn. it is synchronistic with the heart path, PUL factor, and it is not a phenomenon that can be relegated just to one religion such as Christianity but being reborn can also happen with a person who has no religion to follow.
I simply attribute this to old souls. they've had so many lives, they have gained here all that is gainable and ready for the next sequence of events for their soul to occur.

observe Monroe's: "there is nothing here for me now. I remember where I came from and prepare for my departure."  This is what graduation entails. He is trying to describe a state of consciousness he came to, where the pull of the Earth station is no longer pulling him back to repeat anything.
Now, he has choice. No more one more time for old time's sake.

It is the ultimate freedom of the spirit to choose one's destiny. but the freedom that become before that freedom is realizing there are no victims..there are only agreements to play these roles until we observe what it is that can be changed..and that boils down to changing reaction to action consciously undertaken by choice to be assisting life rather than assuming we are prisoners here to fate.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 12:30am

Alysia and others

Alysia quoted

Quote:
It is the ultimate freedom of the spirit to choose one's destiny. but the freedom that become before that freedom is realizing there are no victims..there are only agreements to play these roles until we observe what it is that can be changed..and that boils down to changing reaction to action consciously undertaken by choice to be assisting life rather than assuming we are prisoners here to fate.

Yes Alysia dear as for this spirit if has determined not to return to this troubled earthly plane

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 2:17am

Betson

did you get a chance to look at the interview? This is most relevant to this discussion.

I would be interested to know if the person you are talking about has read Jeffrey Keene's work. It is so similar a situation.

Keene's experience of being overwhelmed with sensations and emotions just out of the blue when he was just puttering around at Antietam Battlefield Park is really striking. It's as though he stepped across time. That to me is more interesting than all the other stuff, though it is a package deal. For him, seeing the photo was more intense. I've never had that sort of experience. Once when I was going through a particularly difficult belief system change, I was out walking and noticed I thought everyone looked like me for a while, but that faded; photographs last longer.

http://spiritkeep.net/ghosts/interviews/jkeene_sey.html
Interview

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 10:52am

Greetings,

Shocked   That Jeffrey Keene interview that Lucy links here is one of the most compelling cases I've ever read!  In a concise and feeling way he discusses the main clues that have proven his situation tohimself and others.

I don't know why the concept of soul is ignored until Keene brings it up in the last paragraph. Isn't soul's progress the main purpose of reincarnation? Also love is never mentionned although Keene has determined that (disc) familieis often incarnate together.

Keene has had two + lives in a row which have been heroic. A younger soul who is still making errors might not find past lives so satisfying to visit.

Alan, I don't believe we have to come back. It's just one method (I'm convinced)that the soul uses to learn more.

Love, Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 11:07pm

Hi Alan and members,

Incarnating into this thread here  Wink -
I believe in reincarnation whether linear or non-linear (depending on one's intellectual or existential pov), since it just makes intuitive sense to me and also since some more developed souls also pointed in that direction. Based on investigation and experience, I do question the value for myself for any dire or pronounced necessity to know specifics regarding my past/other lives within the current context of this life. I have seen much misguided preoccupation within the pursuit of these issues to the point of ultimate and unfortunate (even obsessive) distraction in many seekers I have known. There are probably some cases when people who need corrective reorientation may need to know certain things about other lives in order to solve persistent problems, but I have a feeling this need is relatively rare since karma and Grace most likely provide the appropriate raw materials (including the use of regression, readings, or even personal direct facility in this area etc., if necessary and useful) in any given life with which to help process that which must be worked through. I guess in that sense I would agree with Alysia's pov to some extent.

Personally, even after having recieved 'indications' from various sources, feelings, intuitions, dreams, I have found that any such knowledge or lack thereof has evidently not created any impediment to my own current practice - iow's at least for me it has been largely unimportant even if some intermittent speculation has provided an occasional and enchanting diversion.

Of course, there is also the issue of proof, which seems to be a bit of a dead end as it is a totally subjective call for each person in either the affirmative or negative case, no matter what and how convincing information is presented from others. Also, just because one does not know something definitively doesn't mean it is untrue, and the whole continuous process of knowledge acquisition on any subject bears this out. Before you know, you don't know, and you may not even know that you don't know. When you do know, you know you know. Then, much like all else in life it seems to come down to what is useful or not, whether true and factual or not.

Here below are some good materials (in chronological order of publication) from a few contemporary sources I have found to be helpful on this subject among others, should anybody want to exlore them. It seems that spiritual masters do not make a big fuss about death, reincarnation, NDE's, etc., since for them it is all real, normal, and readily accessible 24 hours a day. They know and they know they know and apparently do not feel the need to put much energy behind the question of proof because it seems (apparently) irrelevant for them.

There are many issues brought up in this thread (and quite a few others for that matter) that are discussed in one or all of these materials, including the philosophical basis of the very discussion on the issue of proof itself.  

Essay by Swami Vivekananda on reincarnation:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Complete_Works_of_Swami_Vivekananda/Volume_4/W...

3 essays by Sri Aurobindo on reincarnation:

1) "Rebirth", 2) "The Reincarnating Soul"
http://intyoga.online.fr/rk_1_2.htm  

3) "Rebirth and Other Worlds; Karma; The Soul and Immortality"
http://intyoga.online.fr/ld2_22.htm  

Further recommended by Sri Aurobindo:
"The Problem of Rebirth"  17 essays - various subjects all on the theme of reincarnation and karma (including the 3 essays in the above links) - were originally published separately in 1915(?), and  were later compiled and republished posthumously in the book in 1952.
At this link you can find most of the separate essays contained within the book by linking then scrolling half way down the page: http://www.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/16/index_e.htm

A book by Sri Chinmoy, "Death and Reincarnation" -
The entire book dealing with the same subject, including many answered questions from seekers is available here:
http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0066/

- u

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 2:18am

Ultra,

Your Quote

Quote:
There are probably some cases when people who need corrective reorientation may need to know certain things about other lives in order to solve persistent problems, but I have a feeling this need is relatively rare since karma and Grace most likely provide the appropriate raw materials (including the use of regression, readings, or even personal direct facility in this area etc., if necessary and useful) in any given life with which to help process that which must be worked through. I guess in that sense I would agree with Alysia's pov to some extent.

Thank you for your thoughful comments, however grace and Karma or not the same in that via karma one works out oes own destiny by many life experiences. Grace on the other hand is the unmerited favor of god leading to immediate salvation into the afterlife,

alan  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 5:34pm

Don had written

Quote:
Swedenborg's astral refutation of reincarnation. 
     He initially recalls past lives during his astral travels.  But when he reaches higher planes, 
     he is taught that past life memories are illusions created by unconscious mergers with 
     other discarnate spirits.  During such mergers, the memories of these spirits get 
     misidentified as those of the astral traveler.

Jeffrey Keene describes a vivid experience that I suppose could be called such a merger

Quote:
I walked down onto the road itself. I had only gone a few yards when something very strange happened, something the likes of which I hope will never happen again. A wave of grief, sadness and anger washed over me. Without warning, I was suddenly being consumed by sensations. Burning
tears ran down my cheeks. It became difficult to breathe. I gasped for air, as I stood transfixed in the old roadbed.

this is from the interview page. This took place in C1.

So if it is not reincarnation, how else could Keene's parallels with Gordon be explained? and what happened on that road in Antietam?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.