Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Retrieved...Bob Ross (Read 10576 times)
Steve_Ed
Ex Member

I Retrieved...Bob Ross
Feb 10th, 2007 at 3:30pm

Hello all,

I retrieved Bob Ross?!  That is what I am asking myself right now.  It came from some sort of unconscious thought but this is the person who I was sent to/went to according to my rotes I picked up.  It seems that somebody or maybe me decided that the time had come to get into more retrieving.

Standing in the darkness, I get the feeling that this person is Bob Ross, the oil painter.  He is kind of lost at that moment so I have come to grab his attention.  I inquire about his stiuation and he tells me "I've been having bad dreams." I decide that rather than tell him about the situation right away I will tell him the following.  "I know an herbalist who can help you, come and I will show you."  I get this almost unconscious/instinctive idea to help him out by grabbing him by the shoulder.  Considering the fame of this person, I am still taking things as they are presented.

A door opens up in the darkness and leads into a modern hospital with a complete staff.  Turning to face our new arrival I see that he is wearing a hospital gown and is walking slowly into the area to my right.  One of the nurses seems to know me and I know her too.

Steve: So, how is your patient Carl Summers?  (My step Grandfather)
Nurse: He is doing fine.
Steve: Monroe (Robert), is he off on official buisness?
Nurse: Yes.
Steve: So that is why I haven't been able to reach him.  I will respect that.

At this point, I feel uneasy like the nurse knows more about my life than I realize.  She has an almost "Nurse Ratched" attitude like I need to not blurt too much out and like I have been a bad person in the past.

Steve: Well, it has been hell down here in physical life.  I have almost gone insane!

The nurse leaves no comment and I decide (or my superconscious decides) that it is time to wake up.

I am still wondering who she is and why she is a recuring personality in at least two of my expeditions.  Still, I at least consider that I am over reacting and may be "seeing an Angel as a Demon."  The information I share is quite sensitive to me, but people deserve more success stories and good news so here it is regardless of my ego.  In addition, Bob Ross's son is also named Steve. (My full birth name is Stephen but related.)

Anyway Bruce, I now know of your belief system crashes.  I feel like waking from a bad hangover of a belief system, and I rarely have a drink. Wink

Sincerely,
Steve ED

P.S.  Also note that the conversation had more depth than the text here can express.  It was quite a clash for me.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2007 at 3:10pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Re: I Retrieved...Bob Ross
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 10:04pm

Well, I have been a nurse, and I have to agree crotchety nurses are out there, Steve! I guess the hospital scenery and activity is just a necessary prop to help a lot of us adjust to being dead, since we strongly believe we need medical help if we are hurt somehow. So in "real" after life life, she might be something much more glam than a nurse...maybe she didn't want that role! Ho ho. Thanks for sharing all that...I am going to look Bob Ross up on the web, the name doesn't ring a bell. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 10:06pm

Whoa, I just looked up Bob Ross...so THAT'S Bob Ross! I loved that guy, never knew his name...did he pass away?? What a shame. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 1:01am

Affirmative, he has been in spirit since July 4, 1995.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross

IP Logged

Shirley

Afterlife Knowledge Member

San Antonio
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 7:08pm

I just got chills..

I used to watch him all the time on PBS..yesterday and the day before, I kept checking the local PBS station to see if reruns were on.  See, I've taken up that new hobby of painting..only with oil pastels, rather than oil, but many techniques are similar and I wanted more "instruction" in how to do it.

I have drawings, sketches and paintings all over my fireplace..and when I was working on the ones with mountains, I could just hear his voice! 

I'm thinking he must have been calling out for a retrieval..good job, Steve!!

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 9:03pm

Yes, excellent retrieval Steve! you've stumbled unto the door we all would like to find and you can now recall this door should you want to use it again.
Bruce has mentioned that doing retrievals is like a back door into our spiritual development progress and I would certainly have to agree with him on that point whole heartedly and now you've put it in the same words.

a lot of folks who are nurses, psychologists, social workers experience in C1 a kind of protective coating over their real feelings as to work with the suffering entails that you cannot be feeling that pain 24/7 without protecting yourself from it. may be the reason you found the nurse to not sympathize with your own feelings about those crazy feelings of entering a belief system crash.
ah....you're not alone. I sometimes feel like I may be losing it too in which case prayer is my approach and calling for assistance to see things differently. an affirmation I find useful from ACIM and nearly instantly, like Stacy's headache, the problem or anxiety is supplanted by love and seeing things differently and headachs go away the same way.

congrats..interesting Mr Ross said he was experiencing nightmares. clearly he thought he was dreaming and had a hint there, he was lost in his allusions. Truly we need each other retrievers and non retrievers to take us thru some door for recouperation, rest, or some respite from the allusions.
amazing. simply amazing.  I do believe the hopital Vee is real and not a prop. it is really there as I believe it needs to be there for those way stations until a person or spirit can let go and claim their health and release injurious belief systems.
when I get on the other side I think I will build a cabin with my mind, by a stream. we can build these things they just have a different vibration to them.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 10:27pm

My memory just switched on to remember an experience I had in my current oil painting class.  I was day dreaming and asking questions about my latent talent.  In a serious manner, I wondered if Bob Ross could drop me some ideas that could show me some tips and tricks to getting simple and effective pictures onto canvas.  The wonder became a sort of intent and that evidently set into motion my assignment to this retrieval.  Bruce mentioned how one can set events into motion in the Planning Center, without fully realizing it, right in his book "Journey to Curiousity's Father".

One idea I have about the Nurse is the fact that I am fluxuating a lot right now and might make too much of scene in the reception center.  As mentioned, the Nurse is familiar to me.

Smiley
Yours Truly,
Steve Ed.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2007 at 2:14am

yes, I relate Steve, thanks for the reminder about the planning center, it makes sense now how I was watching TV once about a child that had died and I must have set an intention to retrieve her without being fully conscious of it, as that night I did indeed retrieve her and it was a memorable exploration and a successful one and the same thing happened with you and Ross.  we could call these involuntary retrievals but no less meaningful than the fully conscious ones I figure.
My dream retrievals always seem more real and with more feelings, especially love. yet I know the imaginary ones can lead the more real ones by preparing the mind for what is to come and it lets the guides know you are reving up the engine so to speak. my opinion.

my very first ever retrieval was exactly as you said, that I sat and wondered and wondered some more and this became a strong enough intent. it did happen.

perhaps if you know the nurse from before, she is a guide? one you may meet again. love, alysia

IP Logged

Ricardo

Spiritualist, Astral Traveler

Chattanooga, Tn
Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 12:36am

Smiley
I had read earlier your experience on Linns and I was trying to figure out who Bob Ross was, now I know, watched him quite a bit, can still hear his voice.

Most amazing Steve and fine Job too. You found the touch. Remember the feeling and how to state intent to help those in need. Then let the guides and helpers help you...I like the way things just flowed thruout the retrieval.

In Gratitude

Love, Ricardo Smiley

When you unite with me you are uniting without the ego, because I have renounced the ego in myself and therefore cannot unite with yours. Our union is therefore the way to renounce the ego in you.&&&&THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE UNIVERSE
IP Logged

Steve_Ed
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 3:19pm

Also, what mainly surprised me about this retrieval was that he has/had emotional bagage holding him back.  Dying at age 52 from Lymphoma, it is very possible that he was shocked at this and was not ready to let go.  Sad

In addition, I contemplated one of his replies to a letter listed on Wikipedia: 
Quote:
When asked about his laid-back approach to painting and eternally calm and contented demeanor, he once commented: "I got a letter from somebody here a while back, and they said, 'Bob, everything in your world seems to be happy.' That's for sure. That's why I paint. It's because I can create the kind of world that I want, and I can make this world as happy as I want it. Shoot, if you want bad stuff, watch the news."

I picked up a distinct impression in the perceptual part of me (while awake) that despite the fact that he left the "cruel world" behind by painting pictures, he did not find it in himself to know that it is indeed possible to make the world a happy place for everyone. Sad The retrieval gave me some connection with him that have helped amplify empathic abilities in me.  Smiley

Indeed, the more I look at his lifetime, the more my patern seems to match his own.  For instance, I have just gotten out of the state where I once believed that the world is tearing itself into extinction.  Thank the God, since that would be an intent that is akin to Russian Roulette.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2007 at 9:16pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 5:51pm

Quote:
Also, what mainly surprised me about this retrieval was that he has/had emotional bagage holding him back.  Dying at age 52 Lymphoma, it is very possible that he was shocked at this and was not ready to let go.  Sad

In addition, I contemplated one of his replies to a letter listed on Wikipedia: 
Quote:
When asked about his laid-back approach to painting and eternally calm and contented demeanor, he once commented: "I got a letter from somebody here a while back, and they said, 'Bob, everything in your world seems to be happy.' That's for sure. That's why I paint. It's because I can create the kind of world that I want, and I can make this world as happy as I want it. Shoot, if you want bad stuff, watch the news."

I picked up a distinct impression in the perceptual part of me (while awake) that despite the fact that he left the "cruel world" behind by painting pictures, he did not find it in himself to know that it is indeed possible to make the world a happy place for everyone. Sad The retrieval gave me some connection with him that have helped amplify empathic abilities in me.  Smiley

Indeed, the more I look at his lifetime, the more my patern seems to match his own.  For instance, I have just gotten out of the state where I once believed that the world is tearing itself into extinction.  Thank the God, since that would be an intent that is akin to Russian Roulette.

this retrieval is really more profound than I thought at first Steve. for one thing, its a well known person, and even these can use a hand up. we just assume they are fine if they were successful in the world..hmmm...we shouldn't assume things! lol, can get in trouble by thinking!

it seems you and he had a connection and thats why you were led to do the retrieval, you must have had guidance. not surprising to me. its just that the guides are in the background so much. SHOW YOURSELVES! LOL! must be a reason for that, so we can get our bearings?

Do you suppose Ross was doing a denial thing with the nightmares?
so he must have done that. as you say, refused to look at all the bad things. don't we all? it must have really bothered him, the things that go on, so by stuffing it, it comes out in the afterlife situation. guess we better not stuff things then. speaking personally of course.
I wonder if retrievers ever need retrieving? lol....I'm open to that!!

glad to meet another retriever sees the relevance to empathic feelings in their experience. just the other day I was thinking about what PUL is.
decided it was when you help somebody without getting a reward for it. just because we're connected.

thanks for sharing all this again...

IP Logged

Shirley

Afterlife Knowledge Member

San Antonio
Reply #11 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 9:45pm

You know..artists are often on the edge, mentally.  Whether depression or psychosis..

I often wonder which came first, the psychosis or the creativity?  Perhaps, the creativity is the outlet for the psychosis?  A therapy of sorts..or an escape from the stark realities of life..

Having read his comment about "happy painting", I had the same thoughts..

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 8:33am

Yes, very very intereresting, Steve.  I have a friend with your name.  He is a prolific painter, or was....he seems to be more of a writer now.  His paintings, although mostly of people, are very much in "happy" mode...not that the people have big smiles on their faces....but the colors and the images are generally what most people would consider quite positive.  I do believe it is a way of creating a parallel universe for oneself...there is an element of pleasant control that the artist can feel when in the flow.

Another motivation for him was preservation, and contribution to history....the history of his relationships and experiences, the history of artistic expression...

If a person paints other people, it is a great way to have a captive audience as well...or to be one! 

Also, there is the challenge of obtaining mastery....does anyone ever completely do it? 

love, blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 12:08pm

about obtaining mastery Blink, I think this is just a planet where we come to do that; maybe theres just degrees of mastery except for some of those star players like J and Buddha, ect. that was mastery to me.  but the rest of us, taking steps and leaps in the act of becoming and being human at the same time following our stars.
I think we can't really judge any of the people we retrieve because of our glass houses we live in so to speak and the thing I see most revealing with this guy Ross that Steve retrieved is the comment he made "I'm having nightmares."
I see a reason for optimism in that statement. The first rule of thumb when learning to surf "out there" is to become aware you are in a dream. He was aware he dreamed. that is quite an accomplishment. he was ready for the next step as Steve showed him the door to go thru. the door is just a symbol for the next step.
all those nightmares were his own creations he did make in Earth life and since they were his creations they were attracted to their creator, like they are living things, spawned from our mind. boomarang thoughts that return. and he knew this! he knew but someone had to open the door to the hospital...our own thoughts/creations are buggin!  lol!!!

amazing. just amazing. love, alysia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.